Comparable unit to Presonus StudioLive that uses USB 2.0?

MrHarryReems

I've outgrown my audiobox 2x2.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to a Presonus StudioLive mixer, however, I require a USB 2.0 connection. Presonus seems dedicated to dying or proprietary standards, which doesn't work for me. Every mixer/interface I've seen other than the StudioLive either only supports 2 concurrent channels over USB, or doesn't specify. I also require midi in/out, which the StudioLive also supports.

If I have to, I'll stick with a decent multiport interface, like the 1818vsl or the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, but I'd prefer to go the mixer route.

Suggestions?

MHR,
I'm currently using the 1818VSL......it's pre's are warm enough but clean....USB 2.0 supported....I've enjoyed the interface with pretty good results.......getting set up initially took a few extra hours of research ( because of my set up for recording full bands)..... but you tube has a ton of videos to assist and presonus has a forum that's helpful.....good luck!!

Out of curiosity, what was difficult to setup about it? Was it a driver issue? What are the system specs of the machine you're using it with, and are you using Studio One as your DAW? I'm currently using a little Audiobox USB with Studio One Pro, but I need moar ports!!

I ended up ordering the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 yesterday. I had far too many misgivings about the Presonus, and what was coming out of the mouth of their sales department didn't exactly jive with what I have been reading online. Their sales department said that the issues had been resolved for some time, yet there was a recent post by Presonus on their own forums saying that there still wasn't a fix (after 3 years...) and that had something coming but couldn't disclose.

Ridiculous. Focusrite didn't seem to have any of the drama. Besides, Presonus is pretty well determined to offer as little support for USB as possible, and I'm all about standards.

i ended up ordering the focusrite scarlett 18i20 yesterday. i had far too many misgivings about the presonus, and what was coming out of the mouth of their sales department didn't exactly jive with what i have been reading online. their sales department said that the issues had been resolved for some time, yet there was a recent post by presonus on their own forums saying that there still wasn't a fix (after 3 years...) and that had something coming but couldn't disclose.

Ridiculous. Focusrite didn't seem to have any of the drama. Besides, presonus is pretty well determined to offer as little support for usb as possible, and i'm all about standards.

smart!

Presonus also seems fairly committed to not supporting USB, which is pretty insane. It's as though they want to make products for as few people as possible. I can't say that I want to hitch my wagon to a company that looks like their trying to put themselves out of business.

Back