Clicks on recording digital

Julien01

I have an annoying click problem. It wasn't there before.
I'm getting clicks when I record from my dbx376 mic pre through the s/pdif output into the audio interface's s/pdif input (Scarlett 6i6). I'm recording in 24/44.1.

The recording is clean if I use the analog path (from the 376 to the scarlett). I'm thinking it could be either
1-the scarlett's digital input
2-the 376's digital output
3-the cable

Aside from changing the cable (which I haven't done yet) I don't really know how I can determine what is the problem. It worked fine for two or three years and now it's starting to happen.

Any ideas?

I use a mac Mini with Logic 9.1

When you connect two pieces of equipment digitally, one of them needs to be the clock master, the other has to be the slave. In your setup, the interface needs to.slave to the dbx clock.

There will be a setting in the setup software of your interface.

When you connect two pieces of equipment digitally, one of them needs to be the clock master, the other has to be the slave. In your setup, the interface needs to.slave to the dbx clock.

There will be a setting in the setup software of your interface.

I know that. As I said in my post, my setup has worked fine for a couple of years. It only started to do that now, I haven't changed anything in my setup.

If you have it set up correctly, I would swap the cable first. If it still.clicks, find another thing with a spdif out and see if it still happens. If it does, it's the interface.

Back