Clicking/Dead switch sound Behringer UMC204HD

teamhex

I could use some help on this. I have a Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I'm running XLR out to a USB audio interface. I'm doing this because the mixer isn't loud enough to record proper levels using USB. So I bought an interface. A Behringer UMC204HD. It should work great and sounds great through the headphones, but when I record to my laptop I hear clicking....it's almost like it's cutting in and out. I have a sample here if you guys want to check it out. It's like it cuts in and out. Almost like a dead switch on guitar. I'm simply playing a chord with some light over drive on my RP500. Works fine and sounds great....until I push this audio from the interface to Audacity. Then I hear this clicking. I'm hoping it's something stupid that I'm missing...but I doubt it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-979972614/click-sound-usb-interface

Not sure if it will help, but here are the settings under the control panel for Behringer's interface. Drivers are up to date on it as well.

Current Sample Rate 44100Hz
Input 2 Channels, 24 Bit
Output 4 Channels, 24 Bit
USB Streaming Mode: Safe
ASIO Buffer Size: Auto

Last edited:
Well I feel stupid. So in Audacity there's a setting and at first I couldn't get audio from the MME setting so I changed it to Windows Direct Sound Input.....That was the issue. Had to switch it to MME. Can't believe I spent 2 hours trying to figure it out before posting this...only to find it another hour later. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Back