I am surprized no one has mentioned this on this board as of yet:

Here are the specs from good ole' pricewatch:

Artis 738S1 PCI Sound Card
5.1 Compliant & SOUNB BLASTER LIVE COMPATIBLE
Real 4 channel speakers support.
Professional digital audio interface support
24-bit SPDIF IN and OUT.
$14!!!!!!!!!

I am tempted to just search between the cushions of my couch for the paltry $14 their asking for the card but my gut instinct says something is wrong here. The company doesn't have a website and I can't find any more specs on the card (specifically if it accepts 44.1kHz) I would only be using the card for the spdif. Does anyone have experience with it?

spdif

Looks like a standard IEC958 spdif card which would accept 44.1khz, 32khz, 48khz.
The processing would problably be 24bit with 16 bit output which would be fine for cds.
It looks like it has coaxial bnc connectors, so it shouldnt be the HDR-2 (2 pin header) interface (which you dont want.) If it is standard bnc or rca connectors I would pick it up and try it out. You cant beat that price if it sounds decent.

Duck

So, "tin can/nylon kite string/tin can" is no longer the cheapest SPDIF setup?
Hell, at 14 bucks, I'd get one just to have midi support since my darlin' Darla doesn't!

VirtualSamana said:

Artis 738S1 PCI Sound Card
5.1 Compliant & SOUNB BLASTER LIVE COMPATIBLE
Real 4 channel speakers support.
Professional digital audio interface support
24-bit SPDIF IN and OUT.
$14!!!!!!!!!

Would this work for my akai DPS16, that has the SPDIF connections on the back? If so, how would I assign tracks via SPDIF, to be recorded?

sondriven

Re: Re: cheapest spdf interface you've ever seen

Also if you get one, please let me know how it works out!

sondriven

s/pdif

Yes Sondriven it will work if you have s/pdif. Check your manual on how to assign your tracks.

Duck

Back