changing recording device

curiousgeorge

Im running a desktop with windows xp (sp3) and also my DAW is mixcraft 5 .What im trying to do is alter my settings as i cant record anything any help will save me smashing my pc

All the info- what's the sound card, where are you at in terms of how far you've got, what works, where your stuck. Can you see the card's inputs (and outputs) in the setup and/or the recording tracks?
All you said is 'can't record.

What exact hardware are you using. (Make+model of mic and/or interface, types of cable, anything in the chain)

You say you're recording instruments. Does that mean DI guitar/bass, or are you using a microphone?
Is it a keyboard over line input?

Did it ever work? Is any of the gear new?
Have you installed any necessary drivers?
Does your hardware show up in windows as a device? Does mixcraft identify it by name?
Are you monitors plugged into your recording hardware? Can you listen to music in itunes/media player, etc?

im recording guitar straight into my realtek ac 97 sound card none of it is new but it has worked before im having the same problem when i try on my laptop mixcraft does recognise it by name yes i can listen to music i.e cd dvds youtube etc

Back