Changing FSB speed...How?

fldrummer

I've been reading and looking at all these people overclocking their processors and I was thinking of giving it a shot. I'm runnin a P4 2.66gHz 533fsb(i think) and I saw how they boosted the fsb and got alot more speed out of it. I don't want to run it up to something crazy I just wanna maybe get up to close as 3gHz as safe as possiable w/o it over heating. Any ideas??

Ok...I'm starting to get it. How do I get into my BIOS? I do not have a manuel for my PC so I can't figure out where it be. Is it in the set up page when the computer is booting? I looked their and didn't see anywhere where I could change the fsb or voltage.

Oh no......I changed some things in the bios and when it starts it says error shutdown in 5 seconds. I push the setup buttin and it says entering setup but then shuts down. What can I do?!?!?

OK... I'm going to tell you what to do but... Reading a few articles over a very short time, then fooling around with things you couldn't explain to anyone may not be a good idea.

Pull your case off, while computer is off, unplug also, find a round disc( battery) There will be a metal tab to release it.Try not to touch anything else.remove the bat and wait 5 min then replace it in the same direction. reboot pc after cover is back on, enter bios find the load fail safe, or default f10 to exit(It should be on fail safe already) then change anything you want once you can discuss it in conversation comfortably. Read more ask questions down load the manual for your pc,mobo,know your memory potential. Don't break your rig, that would suck.

What make is your mobo,cpu,psu,chipset,ram,bios,bios string,is it a standard 32 pin or 28 pin plcc just curious? And the specs?

I'm thinking you should follow the links I gave you and post in the forum that better supports your intrests. I'll ans your ?'s there if able.

Last edited:
I did what you said and worked like a charm! THANK YOU. I have no idea what I would do if it wasn't for ya. I saw one site talking about moving a pin beside the battery but I could find the pin their. I guess it was pretty dumb of me just goin in their trying stuff. Wont do that again!! It was a emachine celeron 2gHz i think the mother board said imperial or something like that on it. That all I know about that computer. Thank you!

Last edited:
Back