cdr???

rdfuze

is there a difference between yhe cdr s that say they are designed for music and the ones that say they are designed for computer burning

The audio CDR's were introduced for stand alone audio burners that some studios still use... I don't think they work in Computer burners.

.. I recall some problem with weight?! (damn why did I throw out my old homework!!!!)

Actually - the "music only" CD-Rs are nothing more than a cash-grab..... the difference is that music CD-Rs have the copybit "pre-burned" to on. Most consumer-oriented digital equipment observes the copybit setting (pro equipment does not) and prevents digital copies being made from CD-Rs with the copy-bit set.... but the cash grab came into play because manufacturer's created machines that REQUIRE you to use these "music only" CD-Rs and charging higher prices for the media (while at the same time, leading consumers to beleive that the music CD-Rs are "better-sounding"...) :rolleyes:

There is no difference in the physical media itself, but machines can be made to accept only CD-Rs with the copy-bit set (kind of the opposite intent of the use of the copy-bit in the first place, but anyways...)

Last edited:
Back