CD to Wav file

JimP

Nothing seems to be able to convert my audio cd to wav because its protected. any way around this or have I backed myself into a hole?

More info., JimP.

You need ripping software to extract CD audio from a CD. It sounds like you have tried that, but what software have you tried? How did the audio CD get protected? Details, Jimmy.

Thanks For the reply's.
1. Consumer CDR protects wihout asking.
2. Will ty this EAC. Site was convincing.

Consumer audio CD's aren't protected (at least not any I've run across). The file format, however, is not compatible or readable by computers. That's why you need ripping software. Ripping software reads the CD audio file and converts it to .wav (or .mp3, etc.) which your computer can read.

There are a whole bunch of audio file formats out there. The three most common ones for digital audio are file extensions .cda (CD Audio), .wav, and .mp3

I've had a lot of luck with the software that they offer for free on mp3.com, MusicMatch Jukebox. It is really pretty versatile for a free software. It allows you to easily convert between all of the above file formats, and you can specify your MP3 settings to optimize your file size for internet.

Just go to www.mp3.com and click on the "MP3 Software" link, and the link to MusicMatch will be right there.

This software is also cool if you have a lot of MP3s on your computer, and decent computer speakers. I basically use my computer as a stereo, or "jukebox", if you will.

Hope this was helpful.

Back