CD-Rs and burning

Canobliss

First question, are certain CD-Rs higher quality? Ive had trouble with my burned cd's skipping after extensive use.
2nd are there any settings that increase burn quality, such as different burn speeds?
3rd, my process for getting my mixes from ProTools to a cd is to bounce down stereo interleaved 16bit (i use waves dither to get from 24bit) 44.1khz, then bring the songs into itunes and burn to disc on from my G5. I am by no means computer savy, so I am unsure if this is the best/only way to go about it.

1. yes, most people on here recommend Taiyo yuden or Mitsui CD-Rs for their quality
2. Yes, use speeds closer to 1:1 for better results
3. i'm not sure, but it sounds fine to me, maybe someone else can help you with this one...

Anyone know if there are there some sort of specs by which you can tell the quality? I've always wondered about this as well.

But as for your burning method, that sounds fine to me, man. I mean, that's how I do it. ;)

corban said:
Anyone know if there are there some sort of specs by which you can tell the quality? I've always wondered about this as well.

But as for your burning method, that sounds fine to me, man. I mean, that's how I do it. ;)
Plex Tools Professional - It comes bundled with (and is hardware-dependent on) Plextor Premium Series drives and the Plextor 716 DVD-RW drive.

Worth more than the drive itself, IMO.

I have the Plextor 716 DVD-RW drive too. And I use the Plexi Tools Professional like Massive Master. It has more info and data than I can possibly use or understand.

Back