CD/DVD Printing

JonPaulP

Anyone know a good affordable way to print art on DVDs / CDs for press kits?

I was excited when I found out about the lightscribe technology which laser burns an image onto the disc, but it seems like it has been discontinued?

Epson makes an ink jet printer that you can put printable cds in and.print anything you want on it. I think the list price is in the $125 range.

I used to use these to print out my sample.cds. It works well and looks good.

Yeah, I've on old canon ip4300 here that does the job too.
Would be cost effective for runs of CDs, but perfect for home use.

Don't forget to look at Kunaki.com. When ink gets expensive on those printers, it might pay off to have your cd's done somewhere else.

If printing them yourself, give some thought to ink usage.

Don't forget to look at Kunaki.com. When ink gets expensive on those printers, it might pay off to have your cd's done somewhere else.

If printing them yourself, give some thought to ink usage.

I have a pile of lightscribe collecting dust since I started using Kunaki. [don't know if lightscribe is officially discontinued, but I know discs are/were getting harder to find and drives aren't being made that have the tech any more] What I liked was the permanence of the discs, nothing to rub off or fade with time. I'd burn the disc, include a URL printed with the lightscribe art for lyrics/credits, and send it in a clam shell case to the buyer. People seemed to like it.

Kunaki for the win. The ease of uploading the complete package and having the buyer get a shrink wrapped, bar coded, professionally appearing disc sent to their door (I use the drop shipping capabilities) fits very well with my needs. Punch in a mailing address and done.

Back