Can't hear myself when recording - delta / audiophile 24/96, adobe audition

hawk

I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this. When I record a track, I can hear myself through the headphone jack on my mixer and everything works fine. Then, when I go to record my second track, I can monitor the 1st track just fine but I don't hear my new track through the headphones as I'm playing. If I press the "tape to control room button" on the mixer, it's reversed IE, I hear myself playing the new track but can't monitor the first track. What I want is to monitor the first track, AND hear myself playing the 2nd track. I'm thinking it's got to be some setting either in Windows sound, or the M-audio control panel but I can figure it out for the life of me.

Here is my setup:

acoustic guitar --> condenser mic --Behringer UB802 mixer --> delta 24/96 --> Windows 7 64 bit --> Adobe Audition 1.5

Thanks!

Have you had trouble in the past or did this ever work? I have close to the same set up. So, the problem is either in your driver or your routing.

That mixer is not suited to your application. It simply doesn't have the right features.

If you have no other option you might try recording from the FX output. Connect the output of the Delta to one of the stereo line inputs of the mixer, and the FX Send to one of the inputs of the Delta. Just be aware that adjusting the level of the guitar mic in your monitors will also affect the recording level.

DM60, can you tell me how you have your routing setup? As for the driver, I have the latest driver 6.0.8 (3/15/2012). This used to work, but it was a few years ago and on a different PC.

Boulder and Ethan, I had this working in the past so I know it's possible. I'm using the mixer's "tape out" (which is in parallel with the main out,) to go into the sound card's input. The card's output is routed back to the "tape in".

Boulder and Ethan, I had this working in the past so I know it's possible. I'm using the mixer's "tape out" (which is in parallel with the main out,) to go into the sound card's input. The card's output is routed back to the "tape in".

The Tape In button cuts all other signal through the mixer to the output. You must have been hearing your live input through either the Delta's input monitoring function or through Audition.

DM60, can you tell me how you have your routing setup? As for the driver, I have the latest driver 6.0.8 (3/15/2012). This used to work, but it was a few years ago and on a different PC.

Here is what I have - Input = Mics/Guitar->Mixer->Mixer Main Out -> 192->DAW (duh, ;) )

Return = 192 ->Mixer ->Tape In -> CR Output to monitors (Mainly so I could control the monitor volume)
Headphone Return - 192->HP4->Headphones

This is what works for me, might be wrong, but ....

Yes, I'm certain the problem is with the routing of the input/outputs in either Audition or the delta control panel but I have tried all kinds of combinations and cant' get it to work. It's frustrating because there are several place to set all these things (Windows sound devices, delta control panel, Audition, mixer buttons, ) and they all need to be set right to get it to work. I'm confident it's not a physical connection issue.

Yes, I'm certain the problem is with the routing of the input/outputs in either Audition or the delta control panel but I have tried all kinds of combinations and cant' get it to work. It's frustrating because there are several place to set all these things (Windows sound devices, delta control panel, Audition, mixer buttons, ) and they all need to be set right to get it to work. I'm confident it's not a physical connection issue.

I have my Windows Audio all routing through the 192. I have never mess3d with it once I set the default to the 192. Onboard audio I have disabled.

Back