Can't hear audio from external mixer

windbuks

Hi there

I can't hear audio while recording (using SoundForge), the sound records fine and afterwards I can hear what I recorded, but during recording I can only hear the backing drumtrack I'm trying to record a guitar part for. I would like to be able to hear the guitar while I'm recording to get a feel for what I'm playing.

My setup:
Guitar into external mixer routed into Audigy 2 ZS's line in socket. In Creative volume mixer window the playback volume is selected for wave (to hear drumtrack on hard drive) and line-in (to hear guitar coming from mixer) and recording is selected for line-in. All volume levels are at 75%.

With these settings I used to be able to hear the guitar (or any sound coming from the mixer) while recording. but all of a sudden I can't. Don't think it's a SoundForge problem, same thing happens in Goldwave, could it be the Audigy that's causing the problem? Really thought the problem lied in the Volume Mixer and perhaps I just selected a different recording source, but everything is still the same, so I'm a bit lost..

Apologies if this post covers old territory, but all the threads I can find relating to this topic seem to cover issues relating to the volume mixer window, but my settings appear correct to me.

Any help much appreciated.

Back