Can someone advise how this Son Of A Pitch VST plug works?

"The pitch of the incoming signal can be controlled by the pitch knob or by a sync to host LFO."

I would think you control the pitch bend using your automation controller for this VST.

"The pitch of the incoming signal can be controlled by the pitch knob or by a sync to host LFO."

I would think you control the pitch bend using your automation controller for this VST.
Is this referring say to a pitch-bend wheel? Do you think you should be able to have it read off a midi track that has a pitch bend command?

Maybe.

I imagine you can also automate any particular parameter using whatever your DAW's equivalent of an envelope is. If I had something like that VST in Reaper, I'd create an envelope, go looking for the parameter that controls the pitch in the list, select it, then attempt to draw the bend in using the envelope against the track's time line.

Like what Armistice was saying. Each VST should have controllable parameters. Like Footpedal on VST Amp sim, I do think it works off the same principle as MIDI and uses the MIDI standard to communicate with VSTs)

Then you can do either on/off for the pitch bend or draw the know control.

Hope this helps.

Running a little test with the VST in Reaper. (I've never seen this plug in before but I've used others like it in similar ways.) You can control the Pitch Bend Wheel with an envelope very easily. In Reaper, the Pitch Wheel is control via Spare Input - It may be different in your DAW but I doubt it.

1.jpg

Set that up and then draw or record an envelope for the part you want.

2.jpg

You get something like this. :thumbs up: Jobs a good 'un!

~~>>>>View attachment Test.mp3<<<<~~

You should be able to "Learn" that knob to any external controller that you have available using whatever process your DAW gives you. In Reaper it should be as easy as right-clicking the knob, choosing Learn, and then twiddling whatever physical knob you want to use. Of course, it would have to be enabled for control in the settings. I personally don't like the way that works, though, and only use the actual control path for actual mixer functions. I use the JS CC to Param (download from the Reaper stash) and Parameter linking instead.

Back