Cakewalk 6.0 vs. Darla24

b.k. narden

I just installed Darla24 on my PIII 500mhz 64meg(I know thats close but more is on order) with a 13gig 7200rpm HD. The Echo Reporter told me everything was fine. When I try to record in Cakewalk the transport stops recording after a measure or two and sometimes 15 or 20. It (Cakewalk) will also stop or hang during playback. Cool Pro doesn't behave this way. Monitoring is flawless. What am I doing or not doing. I have tried different settings in Cakewalk and have even set up a separate hardware config...NFG. HELLLLP!!!

I would wait until you get the RAM that is on order. I would bet that only having 64 Megs is messing up the live recording. Once you get that bumped up then go from there.

jontflesh

I've been working with 64meg all along (older PII). The only time cw acts like that is when the hard drive is cluttered or software isn't configured properly in cw.

i, agree. i only have 64MB on an AMD350, and sometimes during playback cakewalk would slow the playback.. .sometimes stopping. not many hangs tho. make sure you have applied any available updates to CW6. but really tho, with a PIII i would try and find a newer version of CW. try the auction houses like ebay, yahoo. you can find some decent deals. without a doubt tho, you should increase your ram, especially if you use several audio tracks(vs midi tracks). memory is crucial to smooth audio playback, remember the size of those audio files can be huge. hope something here helps.
[

Back