bye bye ABIT

1 1 Meta 2 2 2

Hello peoples. Well, the ABIT 133BX RAID thing is OVER and the ASUS CUSL2-C is in and working well so far. The ABIT used 512 MB ECC SDRAM. I spent 2 days working through severe.. severe crashes. Finally pulled one 256 stick and wholla. Cut my memory in half, but hey at least I can do some art now.
The GeForce 2 twin vivo seems to be working nicely. I didn't get a Matrox because at the time I needed a card known to do well on an overclocked AGP bus.
In some previous posts I was slow to discount the ABIT RAID board and I apologize for any over subjectivity to my choice. I'm not ABIT vs. ASUS because I've only had one of each. The graphics seem to eat 5% CPU with display contents off in Cakewalk. From time to time as testing/work proceeds I'll post my results just for the fun of it.

Happy recording, Jeff.

I'm definately going to get back this evening and go on a drunken rambling in the dragon cave just for the fun of it.

Hey Meta,

Any problems overclocking the GEForce? What speed were you running AGP at? I'm assuming you're talking about the A-BIT board here since it does not have the proper AGP divider for a 133mhz FSB.

Have you heard anything about overclocking the ATI Radeon VE?

Thanks,
Twist

sorry about the delay

I'm still working on organizing how I keep up with forums.

Well .. I had the Gainward GeForce II Twin View 32MB AGP in the Abit 133BX RAID (yes the AGP is overclocked) for about 2 days.

And then .. the Abit died. It could be to that .. with 3 Maxtors, 2 of those on RAID, with the vcard addition the motherboard suffered overheating.? I chose this vcard specifically since I had read somewhere (possibly "Tom's Hardware Guide") that it was one of the best performers in overclocked.

One thing is for sure, when the Abit ran it did so flawlessly. Except for the RAID controller and its interference with 24 96 recording.

My current setup with the dual monitors crashes with Pro Audio 9.03 but not with the SONAR demo, at least Yet. So that upgrade is suddenly the financial focus. I've already got 40 for by cancelling a date on New Year's.

Back