Buying a new laptop..2 questions..maybe 3

presto5

hp intel core i3-2330M..do I need to spend the extra 200$ for i5-2430M with turbo boost technology? 1 has 4 GB and the other has 6GB. These are both audiobeats and at the store. The same one is online from HP with Harddrive protection, not sure if the one in the store has it. Will these computers be all compatible with a 2.0 USB interface even though they have 3.0? And what difference does Audiobeats make? Thanks.:guitar:

Never heard of audiobeats.

The beauty of USB 3.0 is its backward compatibility with USB 2.0; you need a new cable and new host adapter USB 3.0 Finally Arrives | PCWorld

Are they both 64 bit? Cause from the RAM specs it implies the 4GB one might be 32 bit (maxes out at 4 GB ram) AFAIK

are you using it for recording? if so do you have an interface? Can you take it surfing? ;)

Both are 64 bit with duel core that hyperthreads into 4 core. Yes I`m recording presently with Adobe Audition..maybe switcing to Reaper or Pro Tools and I have a 2.0 USB Presonus Audiobox ...as for surfing...maybe vaccume sealed!!

Back