burning question

jsquare

Hi,
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, but maybe someone can answer this:
I often times get a loud digital click at the end of audio cd's I burn. I use a Mac G4 dual 500 with a Glyph firewire burner using Toast Titanium 5 and decent quality blank cdr's. This also used to happen with my old version of Toast.
I burn from 16 bit 44.1k stereo aiff files. The speed doesn't seem to matter. Iv'e tried 8x, 4x ,2x, and 1x all to no avail. The first time I noticed it was on a long(60 minute) piece, but recently it happened on a mix cd I made of other people's music, mostly 4 minute songs.
The only clue I've found on the web has to do with starting up the Mac with a minimum of extensions enabled.
Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm sure it's not uncommon and please forgive if the answer is right in my face. I haven't found it yet.

No sir, you are not the only one.

I think we have the same issue. I'd burn a bunch of tunes to disc, and at the end of every track would be an unavoidable click.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

-Rick, Detroit

Oh, that kind of burning question.

Jeez, and here I was thinking we were going to discuss the meaning of life.

Just fooling. :D

I don't own a Mac, so I'm going to have to talk from an IBM-Compatible POV... but have you guys tried using different "wave" (that's not your native format, I know) editors?

I ask, because I often use the wave editor that came bundled with my sound card for different things - it's easy to use it to make waves out of MIDIs, to reverse waves, change formats, etc - and I often use it to add fadeouts to songs, because, um, I kinda don't know how to do that with Cakewalk.

But for some reason, on a lot of the songs where I add a fade-out, the wave comes out with a "pop" at the very end. So, I have to open the wave up again in Cakewalk, and take the "pop" out.

So, my opinion is that the problem is in software, not hardware - unless you've tried a bunch of different programs to make your wave/aiff files. In that case, I'm stumped.

I've been trying to resolve it for the last week. Tech support is sometimes a blessing, but often times a curse. Wish they would reply more promptly. I would have bought my burner and software on ebay for much less, but wanted the tech support if I ever ran into something like this. Well, here I am and where are they?

Back