A burner for playing audio.....

Spider

i have just replaced a harddrive and removed my normal cd rom.. I still like to be able to play cds on the burner though. Evrytime i play a cd , it will play for a bit , then start glitching. It use to do it before but i still had my normal cd rom to play cds on. It reads data fine , just playing back a cd is a pain. You think this could be cos of the speed of it.. ? its only a 4x4x20 re-writable. I was using a 52speed cd rom and that was fine.. but i didnt think audio cd's had to run fast or anything?? any ideas on this ? cheers all
Spider

i was reading somewhere about some burners not being able to play back audio as well as data .. is this the case with most drives???
Cheers
spider

They (yours included) should do both with no trouble, but I've seen plenty of garbage out there that won't. I've had most problems with CD-ROM drives @ 40x or greater due to the spin down logic they use. They transfer at a very large rate, fill up the buffer and spin down. By the time they spin back up to speed after getting the word that the buffer is ready for a refill you've got a dropout.

yeah i see what you mean doc ,
hey what are the settings in device manager meant to be for a burner eg. disconnect , data synch.....????? This is only a cheap burne ... u think it could be that ...
anyway cheers
spider

Back