BR 800 importing custom patches, wav files

Soccerlogical

Hi,
How would I go about recording or importing sitar, steel drum, moog patches/sounds into BR 800 User Bank to play with my guitar and keyboard.

Thanx

'Patches' - you can't. You can import WAV files, in other words complete musical parts, but not the sound to be used as an IR or an effect.

Mike, can I Import a 2~3 second wav file of a single sitar note from laptop and save it br800 user bank?

Then play that file in user bank with keyboard or guitar changing the note/key of imported file as i hit my different guitar strings or keys on synth...

No. There is no 'user bank'. You're thinking of a 'sampler'. Not aware of any stand-alone recorder that offers that feature, although some workstation keyboards can be used as samplers and have built-in recorders..

Digital Recorder (Boss BR800) vs Synth Workstation (Yamaha MoxF8)

Which option do you think produces better sounding multitrack recordings (vox & guitar going through Yamaha Line IN and utilizing its effects/samples).

And is the final mix that different if audio sample rate and bit depth are similar on both options?

TY

Two totally different approaches. Keyboard workstations are made for keyboard work/sequencing. Some also offer the ability to record external inputs. What are your ultimate goals in recording. Most people here will tell yuo that using a DAW (computer recording software) is the way to go. If you want a sampler, buy a sampler and record it's audio output through an audio interface into a DAW.

Back