bleeding tracks?

jdavis

Hey ya'll,
Ok, so i'm just getting my feet wet on this whole computer recording deal. I'm recording to a computer with N-Track, using whatever soundcard they were so nice to put in the coputer for me. Anyhoo, I was recording this morning and noticed that everytime I added a new track, I got the sound from the previous tracks on that track too. So, I finally ferreted the problem out to the Wave Out being selected in the recording mixer, and thus, not only was I recording the line in, I was recording was what being played as well. So, I turned it off. When I did that, I couldn't hear the playback. So finally I figured out a way to get around it, by turning it on, panning the Wave Out hard right and the Line In hard left. That way, I kinda had them separated. I suppose my question is how do I separate the left and right channels in a Wave track? Like, I basically want to take the left channel(Line IN), and only use it, so I need to somehow just get rid of the right channel, and convert the left one to stereo. Possible? Any ideas? Thanks a ton for any help....

***Justin***

Back