Big Issue; need advice on my new Setup

quarx

Hi, I have a bit complex question:

1. I would like to connect my Roland Fantom Keyboard with my computer. Roland has all types of outs (analog, spdif and adat). If I understand it right, if you connect spdif-coax-out to spdif-coax-in, there should not be any loss of sound quality - it's both digital and both 2496. Right?

2. If my consideration above is true, then all I would need is an Audiophile 2496 - which has spdif-coax-in (and out). So, there would be no loss of quality... And then can I edit the recorded sounds (optional also midi files) inside the computer, and there is no loss of quality...

3. I would also need a mic preamp and a mic. Again, if I bought for example a Behringer Ultravoice 2496 preamp (which has spdif-coax-out), I could get the sound from my Studio Projects C1 without a problem in it's primary quality (no loss of quality between preamp and soundcard). I don't know how good this preamp really is, but it has spdif-out... If you know for any other better 1 channel preamp with spdif-coax-out, please provide me with your recommendations.

Thank you for your answers in advance,

Bye
J. Kralj
Austria

Back