Between these two interfaces

Ex3vious

Hey guys, looking for some advice here,
first let me describe what I'm looking for. I primarily record guitar and bass using line in and running NI Guitar Rig Amp sim for my guitar sound. I also have a Shure SM57 that I use to mic an occasional amp or acoustic guitar. I record music as a hobby but would like to get quality recordings for my band and other fun weekend projects (Guitar backing tracks, collaboration with friends etc.)

My budget is $200.
I feel as if I can look at interfaces and read reviews all day but still not know what to buy. My main concern is people always say get the interface with the best converters; but to my knowledge there is no way to compare one interface's converters to another. I seem to have narrowed my selection down to two choices, so I ask you all would either of these be good considering the projects I do, or would you recommend something else that would be better for the same price.

Amazon.com: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6: Musical Instruments

Thank you.

For me, the focusrite unit has a slight advantage due to the blend knob. It will let you balance your recorded channel with the playback channel. I did not see a similar function on the Komplete, though it might exist.

Everything I read has me leaning toward focusrite, I think thats gonna be my guy.

At that price point I would go with Focusrite or PreSonus AudioBox. I've used both. Decent converters. Won't win any awards but I recorded hundreds of tracks with the Focusrite and it got the job done.

Yes, the very best of luck with your choice.
I personally think the KA6 is the better interface, especially if you have need of the extra analogue and digital channels and the supremely low latency.

Dave.

Back