the best setup

jal

ok i just want to explain what i want to do.

first of all i record all types of music hardly ever midi stuff, i have a win/pc, the ramsa da7 and 3 adats and i want to incorporate a daw program somehow

i want to run my mics into the da7 like always, then out of the lightpipes into the adats then out of the adats into the interface, be it the 2408 or adat bridge (it seems to me it would be smart to use the motu since i have 24trks, is their a main reason i wouldnt want the 2408?), then to the comp. and record on (digital performer, protools, or nuendo. im not sure, what would u suggest and why) then from the comp back into the interface, then into the da7 again.
with the da7 i wanna be able to control the faders on the daw. will i beable to do that, and which program could i do that with, and what would i need to get to do that?
i know im looking for an answer that u guys would usually say, "it depends on what u want to do with it", but i really have no idea what to get, sure maybe down the line after i make my first choice ill see why i shouldve gotten something else but, i need to make a start somewhere.
thanx for dealing with my ignorance,
jal

i just read over in audioforums.com that the makers of the SAW software just folded up. :(

I wouldn't go that route....

Queue

I wuz afraid you'd say that. I'm not really up on hardware control capable software multitrackers. I think Cubase will do that. Someone more knowledgeable will come along...

Queue

Back