Best Audio Unit for Garageband/Can Toontrack EZ drummer work with the latest Garage B

tmidd12

The thread says it all. I am new to computer recording and am starting out on garage band. What are some good websites to get audio units for garage band? What are some good software instruments for garageband? Can Toontrack EZ drummer software work with the latest version of garage band?
Thanks!

I just looked quickly in the online 'getting started' manual and saw nothing about plugins at all. best thing I can tell you is forget garageband and move up to a real DAW, like Reaper.

I just looked quickly in the online 'getting started' manual and saw nothing about plugins at all. best thing I can tell you is forget garageband and move up to a real DAW, like Reaper.

There are hundreds of AU plug-ins available for Garageband.

Add some doubleyous to this: 440audio.com/en/software/mac/freeware for one website offering free and commercial plug-ins.

I'd still recommend moving up to Reaper! :listeningmusic:

I'm not saying if he should or shouldn't, I was answering his question. :D

Having said that, for someone new to computer recording (as he states), Reaper may be too much too soon.
Garageband (apart from being totally free) is simple to use and has many of the same principals he can then use later as his learning curve flattens out and he maybe needs/wants more functionality.

Im just kind of starting out and Garageband is pretty easy and I like it. But I will definitely check out reaper. Thanks!

Back