Best Acer computer for recording

Drums4tanner

I know there are other topics covering this but as weeks pass the tech world changes so yeah haha. So my mom said once the schoolyear started she would buy me an Acer computer(why only Acer. I don't know) what specs should I look at...processors,RAM, Ghz etc. I'm going to be using cubase as my DAW and will be recording a band. Thanks. Drums4tanner

Google the specs on computers for recording. and look on cubase to see what the min requirements are to run it. then just aim higher.

i'm not saying this to be mean but when you research something you learn better than someone just typing it out for you.

if you look up stuff and then come back with ideas and thoughts between two different ones then we can help with that.

also if you are going to be recording a desktop would more bang for the buck. and better.

Acer isn't really a computer company, rather they are a Taiwanese distributor. They will slap their name on almost anything, but all their stuff comes from the same couple of factories in Taiwan.

While there is nothing inherently wrong with this, because of the way they do business their hardware changes all the time. For example, the same model laptop might have different sets of USB chips depending on what deal they got the week it was built. Also, they are not very good at supporting their stuff with drivers. You will get the drivers for the OS that was pre-installed, and after about 6 months the model will disappear from their web page.

On the plus side, their stuff is cheap.

My wife has an Acer that is just used for email, letters, web cam, etc, and I will say one thing, it has never stopped working in 3 years and it was cheap.

Most new computers will record fine, make sure there is plenty of Ram on board.

Alan.

My desktop is Acer too, Aspire M3970 (Core i7 2600 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM) series......
It works great on my music productions ~

Acer isn't really a computer company, rather they are a Taiwanese distributor. They will slap their name on almost anything, but all their stuff comes from the same couple of factories in Taiwan.

While there is nothing inherently wrong with this, because of the way they do business their hardware changes all the time. For example, the same model laptop might have different sets of USB chips depending on what deal they got the week it was built. Also, they are not very good at supporting their stuff with drivers. You will get the drivers for the OS that was pre-installed, and after about 6 months the model will disappear from their web page.

On the plus side, their stuff is cheap.

Aren't all computer company are like this ??
For all I know, most computer company didn't make the hardware by them self......
Even if you buy a HP or Dell or Asus or Sony, almost all the hardware inside are made by other company specialize in making those things...ex : CPU from Intel or AMD, HD from Seagate or WD, RAM from Kingston, USB chips from TI, etc etc etc....
The only difference is how they designed the laptop and how they put everything inside to make it run smooth, and every company have their pros and cons....like ASUS laptop used to have overheat problems....
Maybe only Apple Mac need to design some of their hardware, cuz only Macs are using it.....

Aren't all computer company are like this ??

...The only difference is how they designed the laptop and how they put everything inside to make it run smooth, and every company have their pros and cons....

You answered your own question.

A company like Dell has a designer who comes up with the PCs, its basic specs, then has someone build the PC to their specifications. Also (in theory) they have people who follow the process to insure quality control.

You answered your own question.

A company like Dell has a designer who comes up with the PCs, its basic specs, then has someone build the PC to their specifications. Also (in theory) they have people who follow the process to insure quality control.

Oh.....ok, then I know what you mean...
cuz from your post before, I thought other computer's company build their own hardware...haha.....
So what you saying is, a computer company should design the specs, order the hardware then build it, instead of just ordering from OEM computer's factory ?

Back