Behringer Xenyx X1204 USB Audio Problems with Dual PC's

ChadAU83

Hey guys,

I finally got my stream setup installed and running but I've hit a little audio snag. I'm using a Behringer Xenyx QX1202USB mixer with Audio Technica AT2035 microphone. Now, I used a diagram and video from a Youtube video I found. That same user also had a software setup video I used. Once I got everything hooked up and software tweaked, I only got stereo from my gaming PC but mono from my streaming PC. After a few hours of troubleshooting I got stereo on my streaming PC. On the diagram, the "Line Out" from the streaming PC is what I diagnosed. I tried removed the Humbuster and going straight to the streaming PC, new cables, and resetting some things. Nothing was working but I noticed when I removed one of the 1/4" connectors from the mixer where the culprit line out cables were plugged into I got stereo when it was being removed or barely in. So once I removed it, I got stereo in my streaming PC. How is that? I just want to make sure I've got this right but it's worked flawlessly ever since I did that. I'm still using the cable split from the streaming PC into the hum buster then only one output wire from it to the mixer. The same port where both were plugged in but now just one. Only thing I've noticed is every once in awhile I'm getting some low level background static/whitenoise in my headphones. I'm currently trying different drivers to see if that helps. Any ideas what caused this debacle? Thanks!

PC Specs:

Gaming PC

CASE - NZXT H700i x 1
CPU COOLING - NZXT Kraken X62 x 1
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) x 1
GPU(GRAPHICS) - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming x 1
CPU - Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz x 1
POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000W Platinum x 1
EXTRA - Cablemod 6+2 PIN Basic Cable Extension Kit x 1
RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 3000 Mhz 32GB (2 x 16 GB) x 2
STORAGE - Samsung 960 EVO 1TB x 2

Streaming PC

Case- NZXT H500i

Motherboard - MSIB350 Tomahawk

This is a basic word diagram of what I'm using except for the streaming PC only has one 1/4" leaving the Humbuster and going into the mixer because that's the only way I get stereo. If I plug both in I get mono.

The cable going from your Stream PC Line Out into the HD400 should be a 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Stereo Breakout cable. The two 1/4" ends going into Input 1 and 2

Leaving the HD400 you should be using two separate 1/4" TS to 1/4" TS cables. 1 cable from Output 1, 1 cable from Output 2

TS cables only have a single plastic ring, TRS cables have 2 plastic rings.

From your post you say you are only using a single output from the HD400, which would indicate you are using the incorrect cable setup, for stereo you require both channels on separate cables

To simply the diagram you need:

2 x HD400s

2x 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Stereo breakout cables

4x 1/4" to 1/4" TS cables

One breakout cable from your Gaming PC Line Out to Input 1/2 on an HD400

Two TS cables going from Output 1/2 on the HD400 to Line 5/6 on the mixer.

Thats the gaming PC settled

One breakout cable from your Stream PC Line Out to Input 1/2 on an HD400

Two TS cables going from Output 1/2 on the HD400 to Line 7/8 on the mixer.

That's the Stream PC settled

It looks like you posted the solution at the bottom of your post?

Usually when you hear 'stereo' with a jack plug half in or out, it's not actually stereo; It's one signal making it to both left, and right contacts.
The reason is either that the TRS plug has no signal on the ring, or it's a TS plug.

When it's half in/half out, the tip is contacting the points for tip and ring, so that single signal is making it to L+R inputs.
That would suggest that the input you're using on this mixer is stereo?

If so, you just need a single 3.5mmTRS to 1/4TRS cable.

If you're running to two mono inputs on the mixer then I'm not really sure what has happened, but you would, indeed, need a 3.5mm stereo to 2 X 1/4 mono adapter.
You'd also need to make sure that the channels on the mixer, that you're plugging in to, are panned hard left and hard right.

Streaming PC: <3.5mm TRS--------cable======2 x 1/4"TS> : HD400 : <2xTS====cable=====2xTS> inputs 5+6 on mixer (for example).

Back