Behringer XENYX mixers

BigMuffinMan

Anyone know if they're ok? I know its a cheap mixer, but has anyone had any experience with them or can compare them to something better, or better in the same price range?

I have one now. It's the 1202 (not the 1202FX) It's not a bad mixer. I haven't had any problems with it. I regret getting it, because at the time I didn't know about interfaces. Now I wish I got a USB interface with a few inputs instead of this. It only has RCA outputs. They make USB Xenyx's but I'm not sure how good they are.

They are excellent mixers.
They are not suitable for recording nor are they USB mixers (despite what it says on the box)
I have the 1204 FX and love it but if you are looking for something with multiple channels for recording then what you really need is a multi channel interface or stand alone recorder and you won't find those for the price of a Behringer Xenyx mixer.

I was hesitant of some mixers with USB, as simply a Stereo Mix out
My friend with a Behringer mixer says they are noisy & hissy. He said he made a mistake buying it.
But he has a Delta 1010 sound card and his mixer feeds 8 channels. Don't know technicals

I bought a Tascam M164UF mixer / USB Audio interface (16 channels) with FX in Dec 2009
http://www.tascam.com/products/m-164uf;9,9,3744,14.html
This is the best of both worlds, and super quiet / hiss free.
Sure, it may be around $500, but well worth it

I have an 802 and a 1604 and they are both quiet...no problems with either

kinda surplus to requirements now I dont jam with anyone but Ive recorded through them many a time

For a 2 channel interface, usb mixers are great. I used one for years before I upgraded (which I did for more inputs, not cuz the sound sucked). You don't have to keep plugging and unplugging stuff, you can keep everything connected all the time. Ppl like to rag on Behry, but I have a bunch of behry stuff for live and studio use, and I have no prob's with any of it.

Anyone know if they're ok? I know its a cheap mixer, but has anyone had any experience with them or can compare them to something better, or better in the same price range?

i have an 802 and it works great, plus if you want you can add a soundcard/audio interface to make your recording MORE suitable... mine works great :drunk:

I've seen a lot of folks be rude about Behringer gear, but I think it's remarkable for the price and not shoddy in any event. I have a pre-Xenyx 1622 (I think they called it!) and a little 502 and I've found them both very useful, aside from the inbuilt effects which on my unit have zero adjustable parameters (on recent units I think they have one controllable parameter, which is still very rubbish indeed but a huge improvement on nil). Not that I expect a desk to have fx built in...

There's quite a range so it's worth taking time to be sure you are getting the best config of channels (mono/stereo) and sends (pre/post) for your needs. The mono mic/line channels are usually 3 band eq, with the mid sweepable. Stereo line channels are usually 4 band fixed eq.

Back