Balanced Out's?

fuzzsniffvoyage

I'm using a Tascam US-1800 which has monitor outs, L&R and 4 balanced outs (TRS). I have 1 pair of monitors (for now). As an experiment, I plugged my monitors into the balanced out's. I get sound out of 1&2 but not 3&4, which I am thinking is because 1&2 need to be used 1st, kind of a cascading thing?

I did notice that the balanced outs are a lot louder than the monitor outs. Why?

us1800_rear_lg.jpg

I'm going to get a pair of the Avantone active mix cubes after the holidays and am also wanting to get a mono monitor as well and maybe a sub (for listening to music on my system, not necessarily for mixing).

Q: Will my US-1800 handle this? If so how would you hook it up?

I was thinking of getting this:PreSonus Central Station Plus | Sweetwater.com to handle the multi monitor set up, if need be.

Thanks.

I think its 12/34 are the output selections....you have to choose which buss you send to. 1/2 or 3/4.
I don't use any of that but had a ADAT years ago, and mixer, that had two output busses the Monitoring output probably sums all 4. It was required because the playback was like 3/4 and the overdub incoming was on 1/2.
You might have to set your DAW, you are using Output 1/2 or 3/4 etc.. send which channels to 1/2 and the others you want to go to 3/4....maybe you can send to all outputs 12 & 34.

I don't know why the output would be louder on the 1/2 versus the Monitor outs?

Back