[B]what software for guitars?[/B]

djuro

is there any good software that can improve sound of guitar when you record it direcly?
thanking in advance

Dont think so. I guess running the guitar through an amp and then micing up the amp is a no no then?

Why dont you try playing around with the EQ settings with it. Add a little lower freq and give it a bit more warmth. Just play around for ages until you get a nice setting, im sure it wont be as good as micing up an amp, but you should get some decent results.

Good luck

I´ve got guitar rig and I´m not pleased with it. Sounds are muddy and lack that real guitar amp punch. But there is an alternative! And its free!! Called simulaAnalog guitar or something. http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
Sounds are less muddy and have that "punch". I have used them only on distortion sounds, so i cant say nothing about clean sounds.

I would agree that Guitar Rigs amps are lackluster, although I like their effects and some of their cabs. Trash, Simulanalog, and Greenmachine II are all nice plugs. For some reason Guitar Rig feels spongey.

Back