AW1600 TOOLS CD or download available...?

wolf1419

Yamaha'a s support is weak on the AW1600 and the 2 Disks that originally shipped. The TOOLS CD and Cubase LE. I'm in need of the TOOLS CD or a download as a missing part of an AW1600 which was recently purchased used, and in need of repair. A power issue [posted in electronics section ]. This machine is also missing the samples and demo of the original. { No search has turned out to be productive, } Thanks in Advance for anyone that can help, Ron

Last edited:
I have an excellent web forum/source for the aw16g aw1600, etc. but,being a newbie and all,
I can't post it 'till I have a few posts under my belt.
I have lots of questions so hopefully it won't be too long.
hint: do a search for "yamaha aw16g forum" then think a type of mustard while perusing the results

I have an excellent web forum/source for the aw16g aw1600, etc. but,being a newbie and all,
I can't post it 'till I have a few posts under my belt.
I have lots of questions so hopefully it won't be too long.
hint: do a search for "yamaha aw16g forum" then think a type of mustard while perusing the results

It's a wonderful resource, which is where I was hoping to find the download for Tools CD. I did find many other goodies and appreciate the offerings. …..

Did you see this message?

Welcome! Due to spam issues, registration is disabled. If you want access, mail to registration at dijonstock dot com. MAKE SURE YOUR REPLY ADDRESS WORKS! Thanks!

Also, the latest news is from 2010. Maybe the site is running without an admin present?

Another admin address can be found here:

The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum • View topic - What if registering fails? Questions about registering?

And I could download the tools CD (without registration) from this page:

The DijonStock AW16G digital recording support forum - The Docs Page

Did you see this message?

Also, the latest news is from 2010. Maybe the site is running without an admin present?

Another admin address can be found here:

The DijonStock Digital Home Recording Support Forum • View topic - What if registering fails? Questions about registering?

And I could download the tools CD (without registration) from this page:

The DijonStock AW16G digital recording support forum - The Docs Page

There are a few people on there, but very quiet in general. I was able to register today to go deeper. I was able to download as well, but the AW16G TOOLS appear to be partially available [not the complete disk] The AW1600 appears to have manual, upgrade 1.13, USB driver and some various files, BUT the full AW1600 TOOLS CD does not appear to be available yet. I might be missing how to get the various files compiled to create a complete disk as the original. Instructions all come from this perspective of having that disk in hand. [not clear on how to get around this obstacle].

Sorry, can't help you with compiling a boot disk. I have no idea how the AW1600 boots.

I've had a look and didn't find any other location to download from. Did find some dodgy sites in the .ga TLD that offer interesting malware, tho... :D

Sorry, can't help you with compiling a boot disk. I have no idea how the AW1600 boots.

I've had a look and didn't find any other location to download from. Did find some dodgy sites in the .ga TLD that offer interesting malware, tho... :D

Thank You for your effort, much appreciated. I've figured out the initial boot is onboard [ROM style], then boots into the Operating System Version [boot 1.01, currently FW V1.13] from the HDD and that's the ticket. Yamaha and Dijon offer 1.13, so I should be safe. There's a video on replacing HDD that supports the premise [Just Updated machine#2 to FW V1.13 successfully - Yeah !].

Re: the Demo song [many were confused by it's complexity and libraries, which were on the same initial operating system disk that I seek. It's V1.0+Demo+DrumLoop, etc Sample library]. I'm closer to understanding the system's logic before liftoff. Scenes and tempo track are powerful features and understanding here is key. Much is controlled there.

It will be best in the long run to create and download live drum loop samples. [The machine can hold up to 49 second loops x 16 to a Library - Song Style]. Thanks, Ron

Last edited:
Back