AVID fast track pro c400.

Free_Fall

Hi. Some of my friends say that AVID fast track pro c400 is a very good, dedicated sound card but it fails to give very good output, even it will give poor output if you do not have very good guitar, processor and mic. They say it will give you very good, distinctive sound only if you have very good guitar(like expensive epiphone les paul) , processor, mic.

Expecting your and other musicians comment.

I own the C600 version of this fast track. The octane pre amps are some of the best I've heard. better than the lexicon U22 I just parted with to get this one! The only quality issue I have with the unit is it's plastic build quality isn't the greatest but this is a low-cost lower end interface intended for home use, which is how I use it.

As to the BS about the guitar...anyone who plays knows that tone is in your fingers! Of course if you have a guitar that has problems like grounding problems, you're going to get a lot of pickup noise. But that's something you can have a guitar tech address and fix relatively easy. I do all that kind of rewire work myself as there is no one around this area I trust to do it. I've known middle of the road guitarists to sound good on a cheap strat copy if they've got the chops.

don't fall for that "you have to have the best guitar/instrument, etc. if you want to sound good" crap!

Good luck!

Back