Audiotrax 1010???

scottyd

well ive been trying to find the best price for a m audio delta 1010 and i came across this audiotrax 1010 with break out box for $229.00 it also has a headphone amp 2 headphone out and mic pre amps, any of you guys use this thing? all the specs are up to par with the delta, looks like a good deal, the only difference i can see is that you cant use it with pro tools which i dont use anyways.......... been trying to find some reviews on it heres the link to it
http://www.audiotrak.net/maya1010.htm

hmm i dont' know man.
I would definately try to find some reviews on it, before buying it. it seems like it has most of the essentials: WDM/ASIO, good specs on the converters, etc. One thing i don't like at all is the design of the breakout box. The i/o is on the front rather than the back, so mounting in a rack would be messy.

There really isn't anything wrong with ESI-stuff from a driver/design perspective. By extension, same thing with Audiotrak. It looks a lot like the ESI waveterminal 192M based on the breakout box. I would suggest avoiding it for two reasons...

1) reviews of the 192M which this may very well be based on report below average performance, especially citing bad stereo cross-talk performance.
2) the preamps, while likely usable, aren't giving you full 48 volts phantom power, limiting your mic possibilities.

Still, there's nothing wrong with Audiotrak's products in general.

Back