Audiophine 2496 on IRQ 9????

I-IV-V

I'm having problems getting sound in/out and was wondering if anyone is running an Audiophile 2496 on IRQ 9 using Windows 2000 PRO.

The card is on IRQ 9 along with NVidia Riva TNT, Ethernet Adapter, SCSI Host Adapter and USB Controller.

IRQ 9 is a "PCI steering IRQ".

Wondering if this is my problem.

That is it!!!!!!!!!! that card needs to have its own IRQ remove reboot shutdown reinstall reboot, check the IRQ. make sure that you move it to a different slot, If you fix that it will work!!!! Lucky you, I was starting to think that the card was fried...

*crossin fingers* cause I've never heard of the Delta cards havin problems with IRQ conflicts. Worth a try though...

kremitmusic said:
*crossin fingers* cause I've never heard of the Delta cards havin problems with IRQ conflicts. Worth a try though...

You havent... thats weird.... if it's not that the card is shot.....

Carter said:
You havent... thats weird.... if it's not that the card is shot.....
heh- Im by no means the guru- I just havent ever come across any problems in my readings here and there- I hope that IS it.
*fingers still crossed*

BTW- it still could be a bad cable or adapter from the card to the speakers.

This is straight out of the manual.............Here's the link..http://www.m-audio.com/images/global/manuals/Audiophile2496_Manual.pdf

Troubleshooting Tips for Frequently Asked
Questions

Problem: No Sound.
Possible Cause 1: The Audiophile 2496 hardware or software device drivers are
not properly installed. See the installation sections of this manual for further information.
Possible Cause 2: There is a resource conflict between the Audiophile 2496
and another device in your computer. Check the Audiophile 2496 configuration
(Address, IRQ) against those of the other installed devices. If necessary, change the
settings for the one or more of the devices.

Possible Cause 3: Your application software has not been properly
configured to use the Audiophile 2496 as its audio output device.
Possible Cause 4: Misrouted outputs in the Delta Control Panel. Check the
Delta Control Panel’s Patchbay/Router page to verify output routing assignments.
Also, make sure that if the output is routed from the digital mixer, that the mixer’s
faders, solo and mute controls are set up properly.
Possible Cause 5: Improper connections of the audio accessories. Verify
that the Audiophile 2496 analog audio outputs are properly connected to a digital
mix deck or external mixer/amplifier, or the S/PDIF Out is connected to an external
digital audio device capable of receiving S/PDIF.
Problem: No visual activity on Audio Input volume (VU) meters of user
software.
Possible Cause 1:: The Audiophile 2496 input devices are not properly
selected in the user’s application software.
Possible Cause 2:: If the software is recording from the Audiophile’s
monitor mixer device, be sure that the mixer’s faders, solo and mute controls are set
up properly.
Possible Cause 3:: Improper connections to audio accessories.
Problem: Repetitious Sound.
Possible Cause: An IRQ resource conflict. Often this will result in a small
segment of sound (0.5 to 1 second) repeating itself over and over, sometimes
completely locking up the computer. See the general troubleshooting suggestions at
the beginning of this section.

kremitmusic said:
BTW- it still could be a bad cable or adapter from the card to the speakers.

That is true but he would be seeing something on the output meters and he is not! ;)

Carter said:
That is true but he would be seeing something on the output meters and he is not! ;)

I beleive his other post said he DID have movement on the output meters.

hehe- and i didnt say it was impossible for the IRQ conflict to be causing his problem- i just said i've never read about anyone having IRQ probs. :D - but then again i think most people round here are using WinXP

Uninstalled, shutdown, moved card, etc., etc....still assigned to IRQ 9.

Card was on PCI slot 1 and went thru the whole thing again, jumping into BIOS and hard assigned IRQ 11.

Still got assigned to 9.

Enough is enough; spent hours on this and can't get it up. I'll just send it back.

Thanks all for the help; really appreciate your time.

I-IV-V said:
Uninstalled, shutdown, moved card, etc., etc....still assigned to IRQ 9.

Card was on PCI slot 1 and went thru the whole thing again, jumping into BIOS and hard assigned IRQ 11.

Still got assigned to 9.

Enough is enough; spent hours on this and can't get it up. I'll just send it back.

Thanks all for the help; really appreciate your time.

ONE more thing real quick... Do you still have another sound card active inside this computer? onboard sound? If you have another card remove it and its drivers. If you have onboard audio go into the bios and disable it.

I've had some IRQ problems with my Terratec EWX2496 card. Moved it to another PCI slot, problem solved. This has actually helped me by far the most, in by far most PCI conflicts (older video cards, network stuff etc.).

Back