Audiophile 2496 Install Grief

I-IV-V

I give up!

Installed the card a week ago in my #2 computer.

Tried all permutations of setups (System Vol Ctl, WinAmp, WinMediaPlayer, Audacity, WinCtlPnl, etc.). Can’t get any sounds in (Mic PreAmp) or out.

Reinstalled the old SoundBlaster (now have 2 cards) and managed to get System & program sounds out, but unable to route anything thru the M-Audio card.

Took the card out and installed it on #1 computer. Same thing.

The only thing I do get is Delta Ctl Pnl/Mixer Inputs/WaveOut1/2 meter readings when I try WinAmp or MediaPlayer.

And yes, I do have the volume sliders up.

If anyone knows what dumb error I’m making, I’d appreciate the help, else I’ll justs send the thing back and get a different card.

Thanks,
Rick

In the M-Audio control panel- make sure you check the "monitor mixer" box for your output.

See you have to watch out hey KM what part of town are you from?.... Im in Forest Park

Carter said:
See you have to watch out hey KM what part of town are you from?.... Im in Forest Park
Bridgetown.

Spaceboy- where you at?

Hey 145- did you get your stuff to work?

What do you have the card connected to? Did you call tech support? Is the other soundcard disabled? Does in MAudio driver show up in your Hardware profile?

I-IV-V said:
...The only thing I do get is Delta Ctl Pnl/Mixer Inputs/WaveOut1/2 meter readings when I try WinAmp or MediaPlayer.

And yes, I do have the volume sliders up.

If anyone knows what dumb error I’m making, I’d appreciate the help, else I’ll justs send the thing back and get a different card.

Thanks,
Rick

so you show i signal present in the control panel mixer- make sure the outputs you have your speakers connected to are the right ones (should be out1 and out2) make sure nothing is muted in the control panel- there are several mute "check boxes" - make sure nothings muted.
What do you have the outputs of the card connected too? mixer? powered monitors?

Your not in Cincinnati too are ya?

VSpaceBoy said:
What do you have the card connected to? Did you call tech support? Is the other soundcard disabled? Does in MAudio driver show up in your Hardware profile?

1 - Stereo computer speakers are attached to "Analog OUTS 1&2". Nothing coming into "Analog INS 1&2" or "S/PDIF" at this point. Need to get sound out first.

2 - M-Audio is the only sound card. Removed original before installing M-Audio.

3 - No, haven't called tech support; I guess that's next.

4 - Per Device Manager it is enabled and "working properly".

5 - Per Device Manager, driver is M-Audio 5.10.0.5051 which I downloaded and installed (updated) from M-Audio.

I-IV-V said:
1 - Stereo computer speakers are attached to "Analog OUTS 1&2". Nothing coming into "Analog INS 1&2" or "S/PDIF" at this point. Need to get sound out first........

How are they connected? What type of cable- rca to 1/8"? Are they powered speakers (i.e. do they plug into the wall)? Do you have anything else you could try in their place- such as a hi-fi stereo with an aux-in or a mixer and some headphones?

kremitmusic said:
so you show i signal present in the control panel mixer- make sure the outputs you have your speakers connected to are the right ones (should be out1 and out2) make sure nothing is muted in the control panel- there are several mute "check boxes" - make sure nothings muted.
What do you have the outputs of the card connected too? mixer? powered monitors?

Your not in Cincinnati too are ya?
1 - Out to "Analog OUTS 1&2", triple checked.

2 - Nothing muted on "Volume Control" and "Delta Control Panal".

3 - "Analog OUTS 1&2" are going to my powered stereo computer speakers.

4 - No, not in Cincinnati, in Las Vegas.

Well if you put it in two different computers and you did all the things you said you did and you are getting a signal into the card but not out, sounds like the card is fryed to me..... Sorry :( ,was the card brand new or did you e-bay it?

Uninstalled, shutdown, moved card, etc., etc....still assigned to IRQ 9.

Card was on PCI slot 1 and went thru the whole thing again, jumping into BIOS and hard assigned IRQ 11.

Still got assigned to 9.

Enough is enough; spent hours on this and can't get it up. I'll just send it back.

Thanks all for the help; really appreciate your time.

Back