audiophile 2496 and delta 44/66 on same pc

teddyastuffed

hey i was just wondering if anyone got these 2 pci cards to work simultaneously in the same computer to essentially get u 5 inputs. essentially my story is i already have an audiophile 2496 and want to add more inputs, but the only other choice that seems plausible to have a midi in and out and still get more inputs is the delta 1010 (i want to stray away from the unbalanced connections cuz i dont want to have a bunch of rca to 1/4th cables that im never going to use if i ever upgrade my soundcard again)

another thing i can do is use my motherboards midi/gameport connection and just get an adapter that can use both of them. but i dont know how well that works because ive never actually used it. i do know that the audiophile midi in/out works flawlessly (well at least as well as i can tell). and if thats the situation, i can always just give the audiophile to a buddy of mine or something.

so any suggestion would be great. i would really rather not get a delta 1010 since i dont need 8 i/o's, but if thats my best option, then i guess its time to start saving some money -_-

thanks!

You cannot sync the two with a spdif cable since the Delta 44 does not have any spdif connections. I have a 2496, Delta 66, and Delta 1010lt in the same system and they are working fine just using the multi card sync in the control panel. I just haven't gotten around to ordering the proper cables to sync them the other way. Some people say that the multi card sync option does not work but have had no problem with mine. I have recorded 14 tracks at the same time and have had it record a whole performance that last about an hour and fifteen minutes and had no problems.

oh thats awesome, i never even noticed that function cuz its grayed out for me (probably because i dont have 2 soundcards plugged in). so ill probably pick up a delta 66 and give that a test then. if it doesnt work ill simply return it. from what i remember i think guitar center has one (and i have a friend that works there so that means discount -_-).

2 more question though.

first, does the multi sync function work well? like is there low latency and what not still or does it slow the functionability of the soundcards down. i have a pretty strong computer (amd 64bit 3200+ with an asus a8v deluxe and 512 ddr400 ram) so i dont think my computer will have problems with it.

second, is the spidf method better or is it the same shit as the other method?

thanks for your reply and hope to hear more!

Multi sync will work but spdif is better. If your buddy gets a discount, just have him pick a cable for you. As afr as funcionality and latency, ther eis no problem. I run my 3 cars at 1 ms latency and no troubles with the 14 tracks at one time.

wow alright, thanks for the replies guys! ill go pick that up asap then and give it a shot. i read the process for doing it in m-audio website. its kinda confusing so i hope i do this correctly -_-. anyways thanks a bunch guys

Back