AudioBox USB, Hp all in one

audiofrank

Hey guys my name is Frank and I have purchased a brand new HP all in one with Windows 10. I have an Audiobox USB that I am using for guitar and mic inputs. The DAW I am currently running FL studio 11 (paid version).

Well I am looking for a discussion to help guide me in the steps I need to take in order to get fully started recording.

I have been playing guitar for 18 years and in the last 8 months I have made the steps to "produce" my own music. I had been learning the basic with a older hp laptop and the audiobox. The laptop took all the software well and only gave me problems because of the processer. So I had the chance to learn my way around my equipment. So...

Now I am at the point of setting up my new all in one. I have install my daw and interface but there is latency.. a tiny bit. For recording guitar its a nightmare. Like I said not looking for a simple fix. I just need discussion to trouble shoot the problem. Please let me know what other information you need and what questions you have to help guide me in the right direction.
Thanks
Frank

PreSonus | AudioBox USB - Downloads

Have you been to above and installed the latest driver? If so did you do so EXACTLY as per the Presonus instructions?

Why are you not using the "zero latency" system? (which I assume the AB has?) Are you using some effects whilst tracking and therefore having to listen to the output of the PC?

I have no idea how low latency can be got for the Audio Box, others here can probably tell. Did you have the problem with the old setup? I am assuming that if you set the buffers low enough to get the speed you want you get break up? If so look for junk programs, bloat and the usual suspects, OBS card (kill it) Windows Sounds (destroy them) WiFi (beat it to death).
Does the new PC have a "free for a time" anti virus package? Get rid and use Msoft SE.

I CAN tell you that my NI KA6 works fine in 10 and latency is not a problem.

Dave.

My Audiobox works fine on an HP laptop with 10. As Dave stated above, make sure you are using the ASIO driver and set your buffers per instruction. If you have issues, as Dave stated above, look for the preloaded bloatware that comes with these machines.

PreSonus | AudioBox USB - Downloads

Have you been to above and installed the latest driver? If so did you do so EXACTLY as per the Presonus instructions?

Why are you not using the "zero latency" system? (which I assume the AB has?) Are you using some effects whilst tracking and therefore having to listen to the output of the PC?

I have no idea how low latency can be got for the Audio Box, others here can probably tell. Did you have the problem with the old setup? I am assuming that if you set the buffers low enough to get the speed you want you get break up? If so look for junk programs, bloat and the usual suspects, OBS card (kill it) Windows Sounds (destroy them) WiFi (beat it to death).
Does the new PC have a "free for a time" anti virus package? Get rid and use Msoft SE.

I CAN tell you that my NI KA6 works fine in 10 and latency is not a problem.

Dave.

Thanks for the reply.
I am not asking you to explain everything to me. I know how these message boards work I don't want to repeat a recent thread. But...can you point me in a direction for how to setup my computer for optimal use of recording. I'm not sure how to turn off all the computer audio settings. I tried and failed. I did not have a problem with the old setup but did nothing to the computers settings. I have been messing with everything for a while need the patience of some people to help guide me from the beginning.

SO now I can see windows 10 is not the problem.
Can anyone tell me about the computer settings I should be using and what settings help in Fruity.
Thanks frank

Sorry I was a little rushed on that reply.
I just need to know what I need to make my computer like recording. I have spent a good bit of money on a new computer and software.
I'm not sure what asio to run.
I'm not sure how to set the buffer.
I have read so much material and have seemed to get no where.
I apologize for the lack of info. I'm starting from the ground up on this.

It seems you are completely baffled by Win 10 and were lucky with the settings in your previous OS!

I can only give you broad ideas of the NAMES of the things to change and approximately where to find them W10 is SO different from W7 (in where things are) that I an struggling myself atmo!

First and MOST important job. Set a Restore point for the present setup (this in itself is not as easy as in W7 but you HAVE to find and do this!) Alternatively you could make an "image" of the present hard drive, tho; I suspect that is beyond you WTGR. Look at any manuals you got with the PC, it probably has a Recovery Partition on the C drive and instructions as to how to use it if you f*kup. Read up on how to make ...
1) A System Repair disc(s)
2) A set of Recovery discs as I doubt the PC came with a copy of W10!!

You need to do some or all of this because it will force you to learn your way around 10 and, in your
present, ignorant (again, WTGR!) state make sure you can get back to a working condition.

So, suitable protected, you need to "Computer">Rclik>Manage>Services. There find Wireless services, there will be more than one and set to Disabled.

"Control Panel" Device Manager>find the internal sound device and disable that.
"Windows Sounds" set to No Sounds. Sounds and Devices: Make sure the A box is set as "Default Device"

As for ASIO driver? As I say I don't haver an AB but there should be a driver called something like "AudioBoxASIO" ? Buffers? Most DAWs have a "Device" setting that gets you to the AI's control panel. If FL doesn't, download the demo of Cubase or Reaper, they will show ya!

I am sorry I cannot be more specific. I don't have a W10 PC easily available to mess with.

N.B, This is not likely to be an easy or quick process.

Dave.

Okay so... I have fixed a lot.. I went from 42ms to 6 ms to 2ms of latency. All from messing around with the DAW settings.

So if you are not that experienced with windows 10 and bought a new computer and things are just not adding up mess with the settings. I can give not tech info other than run the right ASIO.
Thanks for the help guys you did help it made me dive deeper into my problem.

It seems you are completely baffled by Win 10 and were lucky with the settings in your previous OS!

I can only give you broad ideas of the NAMES of the things to change and approximately where to find them W10 is SO different from W7 (in where things are) that I an struggling myself atmo!

First and MOST important job. Set a Restore point for the present setup (this in itself is not as easy as in W7 but you HAVE to find and do this!) Alternatively you could make an "image" of the present hard drive, tho; I suspect that is beyond you WTGR. Look at any manuals you got with the PC, it probably has a Recovery Partition on the C drive and instructions as to how to use it if you f*kup. Read up on how to make ...
1) A System Repair disc(s)
2) A set of Recovery discs as I doubt the PC came with a copy of W10!!

You need to do some or all of this because it will force you to learn your way around 10 and, in your
present, ignorant (again, WTGR!) state make sure you can get back to a working condition.

So, suitable protected, you need to "Computer">Rclik>Manage>Services. There find Wireless services, there will be more than one and set to Disabled.

"Control Panel" Device Manager>find the internal sound device and disable that.
"Windows Sounds" set to No Sounds. Sounds and Devices: Make sure the A box is set as "Default Device"

As for ASIO driver? As I say I don't haver an AB but there should be a driver called something like "AudioBoxASIO" ? Buffers? Most DAWs have a "Device" setting that gets you to the AI's control panel. If FL doesn't, download the demo of Cubase or Reaper, they will show ya!

I am sorry I cannot be more specific. I don't have a W10 PC easily available to mess with.

N.B, This is not likely to be an easy or quick process.

Dave.

Back