Audio sounds different playing back after Bounce/Render

ehgore1978

Ok so this finally has to be addressed. I have a problem which Im now not willing to ignore. I spend time mixing in reaper getting to where I like it only to find after bouncing it sounds muddier or bassier just different. Anyone have this issue with the song not sounding the same after bouncing as it is in your DAW. Obviously I could make allowances by adjusting accordingly. Just wondering

Are you rendering to WAV? Make sure you are not 'rendering and adding render files to mix' (that's happened to me after I did some stem rendering). When you listen to the rendered tracks, ar eyou inserting them in a new project, or using a different 'player'?

rendering to wav and mp3 sending to youtube soundcloud onedrive etc listening on various players media, ACG, Itunes Player. As for inserting the rendered tracks back into reaper Id only do that to master a song in a seperate project. Id think rendering the stems would sound the same as what comes out of the master bus during mixing. Its always been like that for me but now im zoning in on things a lot more when it comes to mixes. Im aware certain players may change it but it seems like the bass guitars is louder rendered than in the mix in Reaper

Are you rendering to WAV? Make sure you are not 'rendering and adding render files to mix' (that's happened to me after I did some stem rendering). When you listen to the rendered tracks, ar eyou inserting them in a new project, or using a different 'player'?

PS just looked Im rendering Master Mix only

Is the difference from the mp3 version, while the wav is fine? This is normal. If the wav is different sounding from what you hear in your studio after mixing then something is adrift. Are you changing the original format - perhaps recording 96K then down converting to 48, or 44.1, before going to .mp3. What's the setup as per stages, and where does the quality change suddenly happen.

If you bounce out your mix (master) to a non-lossy file in the same sampling and bit depth as your project, and make sure no dithering, normalization, whatever stuff is often default checked in some of those dialogs, then pop that back in the project as a new track, and toggle solo/mute of that stereo track, it should sound exactly like the mix, IMO/IME.

Now, you take a different format, go to some other device, well, sure, it's going to sound different. Or, am I misunderstanding?

hey there yeah I under stand a song sounds different on other players and I also use the old play it in a car test. My main thing Id say is that the bass guitar volume is louder in the rendered version as if say some one pushed the bass track up during mix down and the strack is "saturated" with bass and the track isnt as bright as the project

Well, SoundCloud is about 128k, so everything at the edges, panning and HF-wise have been pretty well tossed. One thing you can do is take the mix output, unmastered, and then do different masters to different outputs, like a 128k MP3, and see how that sounds, before uploading.

There's no bass (guitar) in this mix, maybe you mean the kick and the low end of the guitar?

Do you listen like Keith suggests in post #6?

There's no bass (guitar) in this mix, maybe you mean the kick and the low end of the guitar?

Do you listen like Keith suggests in post #6?

Theres still bass guitar in the mix I can just hear on my KRK 6s but what I wanted to represent is say my mix sounds like that in DAW the same thing would come out a little duller and bass guitar volume would be louder in the final mix, but yeah Ill be reviewing the rendering process again and really do appreciate all of the comments aswell. Thanks a lot, I mean it

Well, SoundCloud is about 128k, so everything at the edges, panning and HF-wise have been pretty well tossed. One thing you can do is take the mix output, unmastered, and then do different masters to different outputs, like a 128k MP3, and see how that sounds, before uploading.

thats an interesting idea as well thanks

MIXING BASS TOO LOUD.jpeg ok this may give you a better idea Ive dropped the bass guitar really low so its at a proper level after render. Bass guitar is louder after render definately
Bass guitar is Blue Track

Theres still bass guitar in the mix I can just hear on my KRK 6s but what I wanted to represent is say my mix sounds like that in DAW the same thing would come out a little duller and bass guitar volume would be louder in the final mix, but yeah Ill be reviewing the rendering process again and really do appreciate all of the comments aswell. Thanks a lot, I mean it

I could not hear any bass guitar in the mix you posted. Are you sure you don't have some kind of EQ on your master track that is skewing what you are hearing?

View attachment 102816 ok this may give you a better idea Ive dropped the bass guitar really low so its at a proper level after render. Bass guitar is louder after render definately
Bass guitar is Blue Track

Post the mix so we can hear it.

I could not hear any bass guitar in the mix you posted. Are you sure you don't have some kind of EQ on your master track that is skewing what you are hearing?

Post the mix so we can hear it.

TESTYYTESTY by Scott McGinley 1 | Free Listening on SoundCloud This is the mix to that picture. regardless of whether it needs more or less bass, wherever it is the bass guiar will be rendered louder. I have the session open still it sounds brighter but youd also need to crank the bass to hear it there. Maybe a compression needs to be on the bass i dont know

I had Reaper pull a similar trick on me years ago. In my case, I was using a reverb impulse file in ReaVerb that was 96 kHz, but my project (and render) were all in 44.1 kHz. Every time I'd render, everything that had that reverb on it would come out way too loud. Took me forever to figure out the culprit. The quick fix was to render at the sample rate of that impulse file.

Maybe something like this is happening to your bass track? Try rendering at a few different sample rates and see if it behaves.

Back