Audio Interfaces

SGPIANOMAN

Hey everyone, I got a question.
I record right now using my boss 1600, then i dump down into (using wavmaker) my computer for mixing/editing ect. however, I'm using the stock soundcard taht came w/ my computer. Of course, I'm experiencing not quality audio. I'm sure the next best thing for me to do is purchase an audio interface. I was looking at the tascam 122 or 224. Anyone have any suggestions on other products or even reviews on the tascams? I would love to get some feedback. If i can offer any more info i'll be glad to.

Thanks again

i use the tascam us-122. it is an excellent little box if you only want to record one or two tracks at a time. I'm very pleased with it. I'm not sure what a boss 1600 is but that might be part of the low quality you are getting with your recordings. You should use the tascam to record directly ont your computer and use software to mix/process ( think it even comes with cubase).

also a good mic will improve your recordings quite drastically, at least i found. i would suggest an audio technica 3035 condencer mic. That what i have used and i have gotten some good results with it.

Back