Which audio interface should I buy - Tascam/M-Audio/..

thank you for your input.
I connected my interface through a usb repeater right now and it sounds perfect. the only problem is that the signal cant reach my computer somehow and im only able to monitor myself

€:
I plugged the repeater in another usb port right now and everything works perfectly. I am stunned right now

€2:

ill take it back. i get some cracking noises now when im recording like this

€3:

It works perfect on the laptop of my friend. doesn't matter if im charging the laptop or not. well now i know the source of the problem now, but what possibilities do i have to fix this?

€4:

The Humming is stronger or weaker, depending on which usb port im plugging it in.

Last edited:
thank you for your input.
I connected my interface through a usb repeater right now and it sounds perfect. the only problem is that the signal cant reach my computer somehow and im only able to monitor myself

€:
I plugged the repeater in another usb port right now and everything works perfectly. I am stunned right now

€2:

ill take it back. i get some cracking noises now when im recording like this

€3:

It works perfect on the laptop of my friend. doesn't matter if im charging the laptop or not. well now i know the source of the problem now, but what possibilities do i have to fix this?

€4:

The Humming is stronger or weaker, depending on which usb port im plugging it in.

I normally plug USB straight to the motherboard. Nothing in between. A hub will cause latency.

On the noise, just checking. Make sure your gains are between 50% and 75% (for testing). There is no clipping and make sure the output is not at full. I have an issue with listening and good hear some noise. Turned out I had my output turned to full open. Just check the settings, remove the USB hub or repeater. Then check buffer settings. You may have to play with this. Start with 512 (this is usually a good compromise and then check your capture rate. You may have to decrease this for performance (nothing less than 44.1K) more is a different discussion thread.

Thank you for your answer. Now that i played with the gain levels and found a good usb port, everything seems fine. but now i have a new and even bigger problem.
My headphones starts to make constant loud crackling noises when any audio is played after a while of using the tascam 144mkII, once they show up, they only dissapear after i unlpugged the usb from the interface and plugged it back in.

It is a really loud and dissorting noise

Thank you for your answer. Now that i played with the gain levels and found a good usb port, everything seems fine. but now i have a new and even bigger problem.
My headphones starts to make constant loud crackling noises when any audio is played after a while of using the tascam 144mkII, once they show up, they only dissapear after i unlpugged the usb from the interface and plugged it back in.

Make sure the headphone output isn't 100%. Try to keep your setting no more than 75% as a general rule. You may have to increase your buffer settings for play back. Try the volume control first, then work with the buffer settings.

Make sure you read everything you possibly can regarding you Tascam driver. Make sure you have the correct version for your system. Have you checked all that on the Tascam website? Does windows say your device and driver are working properly?

Is your onboard sound device dis-abled?

You may have a conflict of some sort.

Back