Audio interface seems to hate motherboard

Sometime it is just better to replace and move on. I can only think, maybe you could have had a faulty PS that was causing maybe power drops. If this happens with the new MB, then that would be the first suspect. But chasing this stuff down just kills creativity and motivation for sure.

I agree and thank you for the heads up.

I don't have the time nor the desire to waste time chasing the causes. Obviously the mobo has issues.

---Just like a stripper I once married long ago... That didn't work out so well either.

New wife, no issues. Hope life will repeat itself with the new board! :)

---Just like a stripper I once married long ago... That didn't work out so well either.

I've known a few people who have married strippers and they had the same results. Maybe I only hear of the bad ones ;)

I've known a few people who have married strippers and they had the same results. Maybe I only hear of the bad ones ;)

The analogy would likely fit better if it were the 'fatherboard' that was the problem. For most strippers I have known, it was more daddy issues...

The analogy would likely fit better if it were the 'fatherboard' that was the problem. For most strippers I have known, it was more daddy issues...

Lol! The one guy I knew that did the same...well, it wasn't a storybook ending either. The relationship started with doing lines off her ass in a men's room, and ended with her breaking into his house and robbing him blind. Divorce was a given by that point.

Anyways, best of luck with the new build. And that shop you found sounds like paradise. I'd go to that place in a heartbeat. The mom N pop places in my neighborhood have left much to be desired.

Not all Asus boards are alike (meaning, mine is Asus but I got it as the result of buying one of their desktop PCs, so it's close but not identical to their retail version of the same board). But since you're buying a retail board, you shouldn't have issues. ASRock is a cheaper alternative brand.

Not all Asus boards are alike (meaning, mine is Asus but I got it as the result of buying one of their desktop PCs, so it's close but not identical to their retail version of the same board). But since you're buying a retail board, you shouldn't have issues. ASRock is a cheaper alternative brand.

System running smooth as silk so far...

Knocking on some wood, Wait, oh, found some. lol!

Wow, now that I see what LatencyMon should show on a solid system I know there were serious issues with that ASRock board.

By the way, the ma n pa shop only charged me $75 in labor to change out the mobo/update drivers and stress test. $150 for the ASUS Z97 Alpha mobo and $30 for the PCIe USB2 card (which I kept). Didn't need to reinstall Windows or any of my software.

I tipped them $30. :)

PC City in Arvada CO needs to go on the 'Good Guys List'.

I'm wondering if the MB is where the problem is with the church computer. I bought a stock Cybertron machine for the church last year. Installed my Reason (license allows), 1394 card, and FireWire Solo from my old system (which worked flawlessly...actually better than my current) and set it all up. When I try to record anything the system locks up solid within a minute. Have tried everything. Have disabled, enabled, tested, prodded and poked, reinstalled hardware and drivers. I've tried recording in different software (Vegas). EVERYTHING else on this system works fine. Plays audio/video. Controls midi to the lighting system. I'm starting to believe this MB doesn't do well with firewire...but then, I can pass audio and midi through the interface. Guess the next thing to try is something James mentioned earlier. I'll get a USB interface for under a Ben and see what happens...

Glad to see you got yours sorted Mr. Jim! :)

I'm wondering if the MB is where the problem is with the church computer. I bought a stock Cybertron machine for the church last year. Installed my Reason (license allows), 1394 card, and FireWire Solo from my old system (which worked flawlessly...actually better than my current) and set it all up. When I try to record anything the system locks up solid within a minute. Have tried everything. Have disabled, enabled, tested, prodded and poked, reinstalled hardware and drivers. I've tried recording in different software (Vegas). EVERYTHING else on this system works fine. Plays audio/video. Controls midi to the lighting system. I'm starting to believe this MB doesn't do well with firewire...but then, I can pass audio and midi through the interface. Guess the next thing to try is something James mentioned earlier. I'll get a USB interface for under a Ben and see what happens...

Glad to see you got yours sorted Mr. Jim! :)

Might be the 1394 card in your case. You may need to do some research. My understanding not all 1394 cards are created equal. I can't say with 100% certainty, but something about the better ones have the Texas Instrument chip.

BroKen_H "1394 card, and FireWire Solo from my old system (which worked flawlessly..."

Really doubt the card's the problem, considering it has good history. BTW, it is a TI card...did my homework before I built the previous system.

BroKen_H "1394 card, and FireWire Solo from my old system (which worked flawlessly..."

Really doubt the card's the problem, considering it has good history. BTW, it is a TI card...did my homework before I built the previous system.

I just remembered reading about that somewhere, wasn't even sure it had anything to do with 1384.

Back