Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Komplete Audio 6

• Other

• Total voters

scdaymon

Hi there guys!!!

Once more, I need your precious help and advice.
I’m selling my audio interface. It was an amazing device, that has powerful capacities: ALESIS IO2 EXPRESS. However, I cannot hide that while recording, I experienced a lot of latency issues (manly with voice taping/monitoring). And it is a mess to try to record voices with latency (you cannot really get into the feeling).
I know by now that for the “next record” I’ll have to do something with my vst’s running under Reaper (in a Intel core i3-2310m / 8 GB DDR3)… ‘cause it is impossible to work unless I freeze some tracks (kind of 30 tracks/ project, with vocals, guitar rig, EzDrummer in the running).
So, with all that in mind, I’ll move to an usb 2.0 audio interface.
After some research, I ended up with:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and Komplete Audio 6.
They both have usb 2.0 (so I hope I’ll get less latency issues), they both have midi in/out (also and important thing for me), and they both have at least two channels (in/out).
So I guess they’re both in the same league. But I cannot decide which one.
Knowing that maybe I’ll find the Komplete Audio 6 with the amazing Guitar Rig 5 offered (I’m really interested in that stuff), and Focusrite is a little cheaper than the Komplete thing (also an important thing!)… what would be your advice?
Any of you guys has already worked with those interfaces?
Which one do you think I should get? (You can, for sure, advise me about another one – in the same price range!).

Thanks guys.

Back