audacity latency problem

leeroythelug

hello everyone, this is my first post here as im just starting some home recording, im using a behringer x2222usb mixer as my interface and audacity as my recording software and ive found that as i record a track what im hearing in my headphones has a very short delay from what im actually singing, i am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how to go about fixing it?

Disable software input monitoring and use hardware input monitoring instead. Audacity's help files should tell you how to turn off software input monitoring, and your X2222USB manual should tell you how to monitor inputs from the board. Most likely it will entail selecting 2-TR/USB and MAIN MIX to be sent to the PHONES/CTRL ROOM and not selecting 2-TR/USB TO MAIN.

thanks man, i was thinking of doing that but if i do it that way, will i be able to play the tracks ive already recorded while im recording another one?

My experience with Audacity has been that it has a very consistent and predictable latency. When I worked with it, every track I recorded had .02 seconds of latency, and I just got in the habit of cutting it off. This was with monitoring off too. You'll just have to get used to it or switch to a better DAW.

Back