attention LINE 6 STUDIO UX2 users

richard_2277

I would value hearing from anyone who owns the Line 6 Studio-UX2. Please give me feedback on one area in particular: CLEAN, ACOUSTIC, MODULATION/DELAY GUITAR SOUNDS (as a live, stand alone preamp/effects system).

I do not care about dirty, over-driven, tube tones. And, I am sure the clean EQ on these units can be dialed in pretty well. What i want to know is...

In Amp Farm, how are the delays and modulations? Are there some options in there that can compete with a high-end tape-delay pedals?

I play only acoustic electric. My guitar has a dual-source (piezo/mic) combo (2 outs). For these systems, If each kind of out is EQ'ed separately before blending to a stereo effect, the results are best. And, since an acoustic player usually effects about 25% (keeping much of his direct-monitor tone, i wonder if acoustic players are less bothered by any latency complaints. am i right or wrong about this?

So...i ask you ACOUSTIC guitarists ---> Does your Line 6 Studio UX2 do well for the world of clean tones? Will this UX2+laptop combo make an acceptable substitution to a high-end hardware pedal-board or rack)? I am sure the dirty-tone players will say "not quiet yet". What about the opinions from CLEAN players like me.

Sure, maybe going computer-dependent means occasional crashes. But, I would really love to know if the tone, latency and over-all enjoyment (ex. big laptop interface) has, in fact, gotten good enough for acoustic-rigs, live.

BTW - I own stereo set of QSC K-8 powered speakers and play through a Guild Jumbo F50 with a Fishman Prefix Premium Blend piezo/mic pick up system. In theory, it sure would be awesome to finally have a truly functioning 'computer-based' live rig....with one power supply (less wall warts...yeah...ha ha)!

Not sure you are going to find anyone here doing this set up. Latency could definitely be an issue, you'd have to judge for yourself. Note that your question is really about the Pod Farm(?) FX. I use them for recording, but for live use, I was using (with an acoustic) a Spider IV 75 - its built-in modeling and FX are much the same as PodD Farm, but not as many choices, of course.

Back