asio4all help

scopus

hey i started using asio4all and when using with my daw open i get no sound out of non daw apps-media players, youtube...

when connected with my soundcard i get sound out of both daw and other sources but not with asio4all which i use sometimes when im away from studio soundcard with my laptop.

is there a way to fix this?

It's one of two things:
!. youtube and media players aren't routed through asio4all
2. DAW is set so it does not allow background apps to access the driver.

hey i started using asio4all ...

Is there a reason you're not just using the provided drivers for your interface/soundcard...?

I can see if someone has a real old or discontinued interface, where the vendors no longer provide legacy drivers (though most do), so the only option is ASIO4ALL...but it's never going to be as good as the intended drivers.

in daw besides asio4all i have directxfull duplex driver and generic low latency asio driver. which best use?
thanks

It's one of two things:
!. youtube and media players aren't routed through asio4all
2. DAW is set so it does not allow background apps to access the driver.

way to route them through asio4all? just found having checked release driver when app in background seems to fix it but making issues while loading or switching between projects which do very often, thanks

Last edited:
Is there a reason you're not just using the provided drivers for your interface/soundcard...?

I can see if someone has a real old or discontinued interface, where the vendors no longer provide legacy drivers (though most do), so the only option is ASIO4ALL...but it's never going to be as good as the intended drivers.

in daw besides asio4all i have directxfull duplex driver and generic low latency asio driver. which best use?
thanks

Back