ASIO taking Exclusive Control of Audio ... but it didn't before my Rebuild

raybbj

I recently re-built my PC (fresh install of Win 10) so I know there's a fix for my problem as everything was working fine before the rebuild.
The ASIO drivers in my DAW are taking control of my audio. I can't play anything else in Windows Media Player or YouTube, etc with my DAW open. I went into properties an unchecked "ALLOW APPLICATIONS TO TAKE EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF THIS DEVICE" but that did not work.

I know ASIO4all will take control of audio, but I'm not using ASIO4all. I'm using UMC ASIO DRIVER from my Behringer UMC404HD interface.

Like I said I know everything worked fine before I rebuilt my PC.
What am I missing?

Regards,
Ray

What DAW?

Cubase has a check box to 'Release Driver when Application is in Background'.
Yes and when I checked that box all H broke loose with Cubase! The DAW likes the PC all to itself I found. Mind you, that was some years ago and with a not very speedy PC.

But then W10 does bad things IMExp. On an Asus /AMB 6core home build I HAD W7 and then installed the free W10 (for future use) When I rained back to the W7 OS I had lost the old style control panel for my 2496 cards in there. Not been able to find it so far.

Dave.

DAW is MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 2015.
Like I said, this was not a problem before I re-installed Win10.
Thanks

Google is talking about ASIO multi client drivers to fix this. Anybody have any knowledge or insight?

I think I fixed it. Just needed to get all the sample rates aligned to the same. We'll see how it goes.

I had this happen, but it wasn't the driver, it was the DAW. Presonus Studio One takes over and won't entirely let go as long as it's running. There's no setting to get it entirely out of the way.

So I rarely use it, and prefer Reaper.

Back