Asio problem...

Tusk

I’ve found a big problem using Cubase or Nuendo..with SoundBlaster (Audigy and Live)
all wav and mp3 file that i import in my project aren’t good because the pitch and the time it’s not the same of the original file!!! Infact the pitch is 1 tone over(than the original wav) and the time tempo about 5 bpm over also!!
I use the creative asio driver that work with 48.000 Hz sample without possibility to turn it in 44.100 Hz!!
This because using a asio Multi media driver with 44.100 Hz in project all works fine... but too much latency!!!
Ok i don’t know if the problem is The Creative Asio or the sample rate at 48.000 Hz!!!
But i’m very happy to know if it’s possible switch the sample using the creative asio!!,,or another trick to avoid this bad inconvenience.
thanx for help. Tusk.

Have the same problem with Nuendo. I think it's just that Creative are no good with drivers and professional audio applications; I once asked their technical support if Audigy was compatible with GigaStudio and the guy asked me to specify what GigaStudio was... Anyway, I'm stuck using the Asio Full Duplex. One thing that you can do is use the Creative Asio driver for MIDI and switch back to another driver when recording audio; not a very practical solution though. Good luck and hope you find and answer ( I really hope I'll find one too..)

Tusk said:
I’ve found a big problem using Cubase or Nuendo..with SoundBlaster (Audigy and Live)
all wav and mp3 file that i import in my project aren’t good because the pitch and the time it’s not the same of the original file!!! Infact the pitch is 1 tone over(than the original wav) and the time tempo about 5 bpm over also!!
I use the creative asio driver that work with 48.000 Hz sample without possibility to turn it in 44.100 Hz!!
This because using a asio Multi media driver with 44.100 Hz in project all works fine... but too much latency!!!
Ok i don’t know if the problem is The Creative Asio or the sample rate at 48.000 Hz!!!
But i’m very happy to know if it’s possible switch the sample using the creative asio!!,,or another trick to avoid this bad inconvenience.
thanx for help. Tusk.
Jerk that dag on SB outta there...sell it on ebay...and get an audiophile 2496 instead !!;)

Tusk

The SB is locked at 48kHz and if you play a 44.1kHz MP3 at 48kHz you get that problem. It's not your software or the hardware. The only thing you can do is convert your MP3's/WAV's to 48 kHz before you import them to Cubase or Nuendo.

Good luck
Henry

Last edited:
1rst of all...
THERE'S NO SUCH CREATIVE ASIO DRIVER !!!!! JUST N-O. End of story. Creative never ment their cards for serious musician. They focus on gamers. I'm not talking bulls*** here. I've tested them all thru several platform. They may name it so, but actualy, you won't get ASIO with their driver. However, you can use KX Project Driver to work alot better than both Microsoft driver or Creative driver (In musician terms). Here you can obtain ASIO compatible with your SB cards (PCI only, Not USB). If tested in SONAR 2.2XL and get 6.7ms latency. The driver kinda a bit difficult to configure (...hey, there's a fair price for better benefit ;) ), but once you get it, you'll be able to unleash better performance & feature with your SB cards.

;)
Jaymz

You can't always believe what you see...
It's written there, but it NEVER gives any bennefit of ASIO on the field. I believe in what I got. Hey... it's CREATIVE we're talking about... wake up guys... hellooooo :D :D :D

But I ran Reason with ASIO-drivers... where did I get those from?

(It could be some leftovers after I tested some kX-project drivers, but I uninstalled those...)

moskus said:
But I ran Reason with ASIO-drivers... where did I get those from?

...kinda like giving a bycicle a license to ride in the highway, it'll be rideable, but won't catch ferrari. ;)

Good point moskus.

Does it matter if it is an authentic ASIO driver or not? As long as it works.

Last edited:
...hey, why bother anyway. Some reported it works, some had trouble. For you who got their works, be happy. :) I still have to learn more tweaking this SoundBastard card. :D
;)
Jaymz

ASIO drivers are written specifically to service multi (more than 2) channel recording with minimum latency.

It should by default work for 2 as well as for 10 tracks if the driver works at all.

Back