ASIO issue after reinstall

Vinnydude

Clunge Monster
I've just reformatted my laptop with a new hard drive in it and i've put everything back on that I had except when playing through my interface (Lexicon Ionix U82s) it will be fine for a few seconds, stutter and then have a huge latency when it recovers.

Have I forgotten to install something blatantly obvious or something?

I've checked it with a few things, there is plenty of cpu power there, its even doing it if i set the latency really high too.

Any ideas?

Intermittent problems are the most difficult to solve. When it just doesn't work, the answers present themselves more easily.

If it distorts, drops out, and then recovers, I have no solution for you because it could be anything.

Give us more info about your system and maybe it'll help us to help you.

Cheers :)

Cheers for those links, there was a couple of things in there i've not heard of to try :)

So yesterday I did another completely fresh install just incase I really did miss anything obvious and the same thing happened.

BUT!

Luckily for me, the reinstalls are all on a new drive! I've installed a SSD because i was occasionally getting a dropout before which was being caused my the vibrations of the bass screwing with the hard drive. So this still leaves me with my other drives handily all setup :D

Before I went to bed last night, I had a quick look for some kind of software that would back up drivers, and luckily enough for me there are plenty!!!

So after a sleepless night planning it all out in my head, i'm just about to go to work! lol. But when i get back from work, i'll be popping in the old drives, writting down all the drivers and then also backing them up, then swapping the drives over, checking if there are any anomallies with my list, if I can't solve it with that then i'll drop the backup drivers fromk the working setup over the fresh one and fingers crossed I should be good!!!

Sorry about the essay there!!!

I'll let you know how I get on :)

Right, so i'm back home now. Did a back up of all my drivers from the drives where everything works great and i'm doing ANOTHER reinstall but only installing the drivers I've backed up!!!

My only other thought at this stage is that perhaps its due to the SSD that i've put in the machine.

Can someone confirm that SSD, XP and ASIO can be run smoothly together?

So reinstalling again with all the old drivers has NOT worked.

I've also been through the XP tweaks posted but to no avail.

I'm literally pulling my hair out now :/

Any suggestions at all are more than welcome. Any info you require, just ask. I'll be here all night again!

If it helps at all, the noise it makes when it stutters sounds like the sound is being electrocuted?!!!

Right, so a small update!

I got so peeved off with it all, i decided to use a program called XXclone and literally cloned my old drive!!! lol.

I can safely say now that it was NOT the ssd causing the issue, but I still don't have the faintest idea what it was :/

Back