ART MPA-II digital or regular?

d_nick

i use 2 presouns fp10s and want to get a two channel mic pre, but don't know which to pick

the only difference is the digital i/o option...should i go for the digital to use my S/PDIF option and utilize it in my FP10?
or just suck it up and use the balanced signal from the regular MPA and use up 2 slots on the FP10s.

No...it really comes down to how much you think you will need those 2 slots on the FP10.

Do you really think someone else would know that more than you? :)

i'm not sure. but another couple channels always is nice. too many options! maybe i should just drop the FP10s and upgrade THEN worry about mic pres.

Just go regular and save the ports for gear that really need the digital inputs. I have the regular and it's great for home recording.

I would buy the regular and then put that cash difference into upgrading the tubes. That's what I did- the unit sounds so much better.

Just go regular and save the ports for gear that really need the digital inputs. I have the regular and it's great for home recording.

I would buy the regular and then put that cash difference into upgrading the tubes. That's what I did- the unit sounds so much better.

Well ... That's what I did

Back