Art

Skip Ellis

What's the consensus on the ART dual channel interface? Good, bad, indifferent? It appears to have decent features and is in my price range - I also like the fact that it uses AC power as opposed to powering off the bus. Anything else with 2 channels in the under $100 range to be recommended?

What's the consensus on the ART dual channel interface? Good, bad, indifferent? It appears to have decent features and is in my price range - I also like the fact that it uses AC power as opposed to powering off the bus. Anything else with 2 channels in the under $100 range to be recommended?

Not seen any reviews or forum comment on the Art. I HAVE used the Alesis i02 (now owned by another HR member. How's it going mate? ) and I can strongly recommend that AI. Better featured than the Art, MIDI and switchable S/PDIF. The mic pres seemed very good to me using an SM57.

Cannot understand your objection to bus power? For 2 in, 2 out + MIDI it makes abundant sense.

Dave.

Nothing particular against using the bus for power - I guess I just like to have things plugged in (I'm old and used to that kind of thing!) I'll certainly check out the Alesis i02 - I've always liked their stuff. Will it allow recording two tracks at a time, panned left and right?

Will it allow recording two tracks at a time, panned left and right?

You don't pan, you just record in mono on two channels tracks or one track and two channels. If you record on two tracks in mono, then you can pan when you are mixing.

Back