Argh! Reason & Cubase sync problem.

trogdor

Well, I just got reason and after using it by itself for a while I decided to try and "rewire" it into cubase using cubase to sequence.

So the Midi and audio all wires fine and everything is showing up like it should in cubase...but I recorded some audio, and then when I went to record a synth bass line over it...I played it back and the sync was not lined up.

I am recording the MIDI track in cubase, and then setting the midi out in that track to the reason module I'm using. everything plays like it should, but when the cursor reaches the midi notes i recorded in cubase they are played about a half step before they should be played.

It seems like maybe some sort of auto-quantize or sync in reason is in effect? I hit "master" in cubase to try and get reason's sequencer to sync with it, but the sync light on reason's transport doesn't light up and the notes are still off time. I don't see how reason would be able to affect the syncronization of my notes since I recorded them in cubase. Thus, I am thinking that somehow reason is affecting the tempo of the cursor in cubase...throwing off the midi data from the audio data that is already there...

Any ideas?

thanks, trog

Well, i figured out that the problem is something to do with either my midi keyboard or interface (delta 1010)...

I start to record midi notes in cubase, and i can click on the keyboard in the editor to record and everything records fine. However, if i use my midi controller via the midi in on the 1010, the notes i enter show up in the editor about a 1/8 or 1/4 note BEFORE when i play them!!

can anyone explain this???

Back